Saturday, 14 July 2018

Table 001

She likes to set her things up all around her. Every space she is in, is occupied not just by her but an array of material - handbag, folders, notebook, purse. She is *on* when talking to business associates. On message, on point. Friendly, personal, personable. How much she likes them. Oh that's a wonderful headshot. Please send it to me immediately and I'll blast it out on my social media. I did my undergraduation in psychology but it almost gave me a massive depression disorder. I was just on the edge. But Britain is so cheap to live in. The University put nine pounds in my oyster card everyday. But I couldn't work in fashion. Even the straight girls who model are sleeping with other girls. Don't worry, I'll punch up your biography, put in some Masala. Oh is that one of your gift boxes? That's so cute. We'll make sure we get you a photo with Sanjay sir. Oh lots of celebrities. Some mediocre ones too. Like that Shivraj. I hate him, he looks like a trucker. I'm getting this Mallu model to do the whole event for just 3k. In Britain the poor people get money from the government. If you're homeless they'll put you in a van and give you a bath and new clothes. Word of advice next time you're giving samples give only the best I can tell you this because I like you. Great. So we're all set? Just send me that photo and the write up. We'll touch base on Tuesday. So glad we could catch up like this, it's so much more personal than a meeting at the office, isn't it? Gathers her things up. They part, quickly, already regretting this cloying half an hour and dreading the next and the next and the next. She told him all her nicknames at work. He walks away faster than her, her smile fades away faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment