My name is Jayaprakash Satyamurthy. I live in Bangalore, India. I am a writer and musician. I am a vegan and I run an animal welfare organisation with my wife, Yasmine, who is a teacher.
I've run several blogs before. Like everyone I've been sucked into the closed but interactive environment of facebook and the pithy pissing matches of twitter. I enjoy these platforms, but I want to get back to the discipline of writing a daily post, or posts, that explore topics that I care about in a more focused way. That doesn't mean lengthy essays - but I will try to make each post at least a 1000 words long. Less than that and there isn't really enough space to offer a central thought, bat it about, consider different perspectives and actually get some thinking done. Some might argue that even a 1000 words is too little, but I know few online readers love teal deers, the poor dears.
The topics I write will include metal music, my bands, weird fiction, my writing, veganism, animal welfare and my experiences dealing with something that is probably bipolar type 2, but my doctor doesn't like to be too cut and dried about labels.
I will also post poetry and occasional short fiction.
I will not tolerate trolls. Troll comments will be deleted. All moderation decisions are mine and are final.
I've run several blogs before. Like everyone I've been sucked into the closed but interactive environment of facebook and the pithy pissing matches of twitter. I enjoy these platforms, but I want to get back to the discipline of writing a daily post, or posts, that explore topics that I care about in a more focused way. That doesn't mean lengthy essays - but I will try to make each post at least a 1000 words long. Less than that and there isn't really enough space to offer a central thought, bat it about, consider different perspectives and actually get some thinking done. Some might argue that even a 1000 words is too little, but I know few online readers love teal deers, the poor dears.
The topics I write will include metal music, my bands, weird fiction, my writing, veganism, animal welfare and my experiences dealing with something that is probably bipolar type 2, but my doctor doesn't like to be too cut and dried about labels.
I will also post poetry and occasional short fiction.
I will not tolerate trolls. Troll comments will be deleted. All moderation decisions are mine and are final.
Awaiting a torrent of thoughts from you in any form. Already your poems and pieces on the site are terrific!
ReplyDelete